Sunday, March 3, 2013

Meeting Wisdom



It's been 3 years since I let this man in my broken home.
The windows to my soul were shattered,
and my closets were stuffed with secrets,
My drawers were filled with bad habits,
had hooks to hang up my bitterness,
and bookshelves filled with unforgiveness.
But there, my savior knocked on my door, and I let him inside.
He started cleaning out my home, made me some tea while I sat there,
barley breathing.


Everytime I left that broken house,
I use to walk past Wisdom blindly when she was calling out for me.
Though it was like Chinatown
she stood on a milk crate,
for everyone to see
and I thought it was just some homeless woman just wanting my money.

Her hair was white, with crow feet carved near her eyes,
and her clothes were old and faded.
Yet there was something about her that was different.
Beautiful, though it looked like she had nothing,
her spirit was still bright and youthful.
But there were something else about those eyes that just pierced my soul,
And that's what caught my gaze.
It was as if darkness and light collided,
and I saw the sun through the haze.

She told me her name was Wisdom
but she didn't want anything from me.
Instead she was offering life's greatest gift to me.
This hollering women wants to offer the greatest jewelry, for free.
And around her neck was a key.
I understand now,
Wisdom.
The key that opens life's greatest treasure.
Far more greater than diamonds and rubies.
And she wanted to give that key to me.

Even though the road was narrow and the ways were tough,
I'm glad I came into Ms. Wisdom's path,
because with out her I don't think I would be the one,
to have the last laugh.

So while everyone runs through Chinatown with a fast pace,
I'll sit at Wisdom's feet,
Staring God in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment