Sunday, March 3, 2013

Stars and Coffee




I patiently wait,
pulling my sleeves down enough where you can only see my finger tips.
Picking up my coffee mug and pressing it against my lips.
Waiting for you,
here in this place,
Holding my breath,
letting the bitter sweet coffee escaping its way down my throat.
Hearing everyone's chitter-chatter.
Talking about theirs lives, scitter-scatter.
But behind all this, noise.
I hear jazz playing.
Soft jazz, nice jazz.
I've grown to love it,
Here in this place.
But as the door opens, and the cold air makes its way in,
I see your face.

Oh don't try to hide it,
I can see right through that mask of yours.
Take it off, open those master doors.
Let me inside, oh broken porcelain doll.
Let those tears that you've been holding back for so long, fall.
Are you to afraid, to unlock what you've caged in crawl?

Sit, take a sip.
You won't hurt me.
You won't hear a word from me.
I'm here to listen, no need to speak.
Silence speaks louder than words.
But before those words escaped when you opened your mouth,
I woke up to reality,
Practically falling to my knees.

But instead of seeing you in that place, in that old coffee shop,
I look down at you face, in that casket
It's so surreal, it doesn't seem real.
It doesn't even look like you from the last time I saw you from a distance.
Silence does have a funny way of speaking louder than words.
What's sad is how people take the time out to listen,
to the silence when someone's actually missin.

God, come on! I've been dealing with to many deaths in a lifetime!
To much young lives destroyed because of that empty void.
Yolo?
Yeah, you only live once to make a difference.

All I can say is, I'm sorry I should have been there,
those haunting words repeating in the back of everyones mind.
I can't be there for everyone..
I wish I've met you, I truley do,
I'll s look up in the stars, the ones that sparkle and shine, the way you were suppose too,
just knowing in the back of my mind that a cup of coffee with you could have saved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment