Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Anchors & Cherry Blossoms



Dear God, I've been over thinking,
Not like that's new.
About my life,
my past, present, and future, and all the things that happened with you.

By my side, I can't stop thinking.
How you're the my anchor to my soul,
Because if grace really was an ocean
We really all would be sinking.

So deep in your presence,
It's where we all want to be.
All the way at the bottom ocean floor,
Just you and me.

Though waves and storms will crash around,
To the bottom we will be.
Even through the valley of the shadow of death,
Your words are the lamp to my feet.

Let the Angels play of Dearly Beloved,
I've been struggling with my self for far to long,
Put my soul to rest,
Sing me that wonderful love song.

And I'm laying here, I can't sleep.
Insomnia has come out to play.
Mind full of thought,
but there is just to much to say.

But I don't know God, my thoughts just get to deep!
But dear God I can't stop thinking for the life of me,
but that's the life of a poet, and that life chose me.

Trapped within myself,
I want so want to badly to believe that I can be set free, from me.

Now I'm here daydreaming in the twilight,
How much I want to see,
Pink cherry blossoms,
Sitting in your presence,
My back against that sacred Sakura Tree.
Not just to feel but to be,
At peace, with you and with me.

With my back against the bark,
Cherry blossom fall beneath the tree,
Dreaming of the light in the dark,
Blinded now but one I'll see.

But my mind has been convincing me,
that I am beyond repair and to deep in despair,
but silly little me, that's not the truth,
 I'm just keeping me there.

Because I know I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,
Philippians 4:13, it's on my purity ring.

But dear God I've been thinking,
Not like that's new,
I feel like I'm going no where,
I don't know what to do.

But it won't stay winter forever,
Surely spring will come and do,
Seasons will transition and change,
And cherry blossoms will soon bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment